research of interests
I conduct quantitative and qualitative research focused on tobacco control; public health policy; and oral-facial science. My current research focuses on exploring smoking cessation measures specifically for people with substance use problems.
Dr. Jennifer Pearson, Ph.D.
- Recipient, University of Nevada, Reno, Ozmen Institute for Global Studies Student Award 2022.
- Recipient, Johns Hopkins Fast-forward Graduate Student Award 2019.
- Recipient, Dr. Leroy E Burney Travel award Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health 2018.
- Erinoso O, Clegg Smith K, Iacobelli M, Saraf S, Welding K, Cohen JE. Global Review of Tobacco Product Flavoring Policies. Tob Control 2020d; 0: 1–7. Epub ahead of print. doi:10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2019-055454.
- Erinoso O, Welding K, Smith KC, Cohen JE. Odor reduction claims on tobacco packages in low- and middle-income countries. Nicotine Tob Res. 2022 Feb 1;24(2):275-279.
- Erinoso O, Welding K, Cohen JE, Clegg Smith K. Structural elements of cigarette packs in low- and middle-income countries. Tob Regul Sci 2021;7(1):76-86.
- Erinoso O, Oyapero A, Amure M, Osoba M, Osibogun O, Wright K, Osibogun A. E-cigarette use among adolescents and young adults in Nigeria: prevalence, associated factors and patterns of use. PLoS One. 2021 Oct 22;16(10):e0258850.
- Erinoso O, Oyapero A, Osoba M, Amure M, Osibogun O, Wright K, Osibogun A. Association between anxiety, alcohol, poly-smoking and smoking: a cross-sectional study in Lagos, Nigeria. Niger Postgrad Med J. 2021 Ap-Jun;28(2):117-125.
- Cohen JE, Welding K, Erinoso O, Saraf S, Iacobelli M, Smith KC. The Flavor Train: The Nature and Extent of Flavored Cigarettes in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Nicotine Tob Res. 2021 Oct 7;23(11):1936-1941.
- Erinoso OA, Wright KO, Anya S, Bowale A, Adejumo O, Adesola S, et al. Clinical characteristics, predictors of symptomatic coronavirus disease 2019 and length of hospital stay in a cohort of 632 patients in Lagos State, Nigeria. Niger Postgrad Med J 2020;27:285-92.
- Erinoso OA, Adejumo O, Fashina A, Falana A, Amure MT, Okediran O, Abdur-Razzaq H, Anya S, Wright K, Ola B. Effect of COVID-19 on the Mental Health of Frontline Health Workers in Nigeria: preliminary cross-sectional study Study. J. Psychosom. Res. 2020;110288.
- Erinoso O, Wright K, Anya S, Kuyinu Y, Abdurrazzaq H, Adewuya A. Predictors of COVID-19 news sources and their perceived accuracy in Nigeria: an online cross-sectional study. JMIR Public Health Survey 2021a;7(1):e22273. doi: 10.2196/22273.
- Osikomaya B, Erinoso OA, Wright KO, Odusola OA, Thomas B, Adeyemi O, et al. ‘Long COVID’: Persistent symptoms of COVID-19 among survivors in care in Lagos State, Nigeria. BMC Infectious Diseases 2021;21:304.
- Ayodele AOS, Erinoso O, Odukoya O, Obigbesan K, Alli B, Castano B, Gbotolorun M. Do health-seeking populations know about the link between human papillomavirus and oropharyngeal cancer? A cross-sectional study in a Nigerian population. Int Q Community Health Education 2021 March;0(0):1–8.
- Adekunle AA, Egbunah UP, Erinoso OA, Adeyemo WL. Effectiveness of warm saline mouthwash in preventing alveolar osteitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2021 Oct;49(10):980-988.
- Alli BY, Erinoso OA, Olawuyi AB. Effect of sodium lauryl sulfate on recurrent aphthous stomatitis: a systematic review. J Oral Pathol Med. 2019 May;48(5):358-364. doi: 10.1111/jop.12845.
2025 (expected) Ph.D. in Public Health with specialization in Socio-Behavioral Health
2022 Fellow, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, National Postgraduate Medical College, Nigeria.
2018 MPH, Johns Hopkins University
2010 BDS, University of Lagos